My entire family loves to snack on granola! However, have you noticed how expensive granola can be in the grocery stores? Yep, it can be pretty pricey. Plus, you have to be careful with some of the crazy ingredients that you might find in some brands of granola.
These are the reasons why I love this homemade granola recipe. It is inexpensive and easy to make, and I am in control of the ingredients.
My family loves this granola so much that I usually make a batch of it once a week. My son loves to eat it as a snack or for breakfast with milk. My husband loves it on yogurt and vanilla ice cream. As for me, I love it anytime 🙂 It truly doesn’t last long in my house.
So let me show you how easy it is to make.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
3 cups of old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups add-ins, like dried cherries, raisins, almonds, walnuts, etc.
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Next, line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
If you decide to use coconut oil, make sure that it is melted before completing this step.
Next, add the oats and mix well.
Now you will stir in your add-ins. I used dried cherries, craisins, and almonds.
Spread the mixture on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes.
Let it cool completely and store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. However, it never lasts 2 weeks at my house.
I recommend giving this homemade granola recipe a try. As I mentioned above, it is easy and inexpensive to make, and you are in control of the ingredients. My family loves it, and I hope that your family does too.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil or canola oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups add-ins, like dried cherries, raisins, almonds, walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in oats.
- Stir in add-ins.
- Spread mixture on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.