This beef enchiladas recipe has been in my family for many years. In fact, it was one of the very first recipes that my mother taught me to make. Since then, I have cooked this recipe many times and continue to love it. I love that it’s easy to make, simple, and tasty. However, with all due respect to my Hispanic friends, I would consider this recipe more of an American version of enchiladas.
Despite the fact that these enchiladas are not an authentic Mexican dish, they truly are delicious and versatile. This dish is perfect for picky kids, and I bet you have most of the ingredients on hand. You could even replace the hamburger with another can of refried beans or black beans to create a meatless dish. Feel free to try them using corn tortillas or salsa in place of the taco seasoning.
Whatever you decide, this recipe is perfect for those busy and hectic weeknights. So if you haven’t planned out dinner tonight, you should give this Easy Beef Enchiladas recipe a try.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
1 pound of hamburger meat
1 15oz. can of tomato sauce
1 16 oz. can of refried beans
10-12 flour tortillas
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
2 cups of shredded cheese
First, cook the hamburger meat and drain any grease that is left in the pan.
Next, add the can of refried beans, 1/4 cup of water, and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning to the cooked hamburger. Cook on medium low for about 5 minutes.
Using a large spoon, spread half of the can of tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Fill 10-12 tortillas with the hamburger/refried bean mixture. Be careful not to overfill the tortillas.
Each tortilla will have about 1/4 cup of the hamburger/refried bean mixture. Place the filled and rolled tortillas in the 9×13 pan.
Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the tortillas and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
After the enchiladas are done cooking, sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese over them. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Add a salad, vegetable, or Spanish rice to this dish for a delicious and easy dinner.
Easy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound of hamburger meat
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz. can of refried beans
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Cook hamburger and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain grease from pan.
- Add can of refried beans and ¼ cup of water to hamburger.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Using a 9 x 13 pan, spread ½ of the can of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill 10-12 flour tortillas with the meat and refried bean mixture.
- Lay the tortillas in the pan on top of the tomato sauce layer.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce evenly over the tortillas.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Add the shredded cheese and place back in the oven to melt the cheese.